Help removing stains

May 30, 2015
Arab, AL.
having trouble starting a new thread (pool & computer idiot), however, I NEED HELP! I'VE read a lot about AA treatment to remove metal stains & have successfully done so, only to have stains return! My chemistry memory has failed me so I seem to be traveling more by the seat of my pants. It appears I need to be more diligent in lowering my pH to keep the stains from reappearing. Should this be done w muriatic acid? I have SWG system & have read that a "pulp based filter aid" should be used with the AA. Honestly, I have no idea what a pulp based filter aid is, where to get or how to use! HELP! FOR THE LOVE...

Well, I have no idea what a pulp based filter aid is either but I do not believe it will help you with your problem.

1. Remove the stains again with the AA treatment

2. Lower you pH and keep it lowered....down around 7.2 or so. Muriatic acid is the right thing to lower it with.

3. Use a sequestrant to keep the metals in their soluble state. You will be required to use this sequestrant for the life of the pool as long as you continue to use the fill water source you are currently using.

Thanks! Oddly, the water in the pool has been in it for 3 forevers, as I seldom have to add water! I'm not sure what precipitated the event beyond the old pool store bait & sell! Considered lowering pH. AA. Drain & refill! Any sand treatment of sorts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.