SLAM process prevails yet again!! (Pics)

*JLS*

LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2014
Central Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Just wanted to post some pics to show how much better the TFP method is over the pool stores. This is my step-daughter's pool and she had been having a pool guy from a local pool store coming to try and open her "swamp". After almost a month her pool was still green. So I stepped in with my TF-100 testing kit and a whole lotta bleach and I'm proud to say the pool is now clear after only 2 days! Here's the pics that tell the story:

This is how it looked in the very beginning on May 1st:
image.jpg

This was on May 3rd after the pool guy came by (he was using shock):
image.jpg

May 5th:
image.jpg

May 6th (pool guy still, but he's making a little progress):
image.jpg

May 7th:
image.jpg

So the pool guy keeps coming and the pool never looked much different, continuously staying green. By this time I've advised my daughter to stop using him and start pouring bleach in the water. This scared her and the pool guy tells her by no means should you ever use bleach. Needless to say the pool never cleared up and my daughter is finally fed up. I go to her house to start the SLAM and finally get this water clear for her. Next post . . .

This is how it looked when I started on May 28th:
image.jpg

This is what I used (along with lots of vacuuming and sweeping):
image.jpg

May 29th:
image.jpg
image.jpg

This is today, May 30th after only 2 days!!! Clear water and you can see all the way to the bottom!
image.jpg

I do believe that's the drain I see all the way down there in the deep end! Yay!!!! Thanks TFP! My daughter now says I'm the pool doctor! Gonna do an overnight chlorine loss test tonight and more vacuuming today but I do believe we are there!!!
image.jpg

Sorry my pics are sideways. Can't figure out how to rotate them on my phone.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks everyone! Thanks to TFP I've never had green water in my own pool. Needless to say i was excited to finally get to try the SLAM on my daughter's pool after reading about everyone else's success stories. I love a good challenge and TFP helped me clear this one with no problem!!

I cant believe a professional pool guy leaves all that **** on the bottom and thinks its going to clear up

My thoughts exactly! And this is even better - the pool guy had been at her pool the morning of the day I went to start the SLAM. When I tested for FC it was at 0! I'm convinced all he did was sit there and try to talk the algae out of the pool. Haha

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.