adding extra strainer and flow valve s to agp.

Aug 9, 2014
I'd like to add an extra set of strainer and flow valves to my intex pool. do I need to reinforce the holes prior to putting the valves on?
I have a separate pump that runs my solar panels. I'd like to keep the two systems separate.
Thank you

If your pool has the intex installed drain plug at the bottom of the pool you can use that and 1in pvc for plumbing.

I use the bottom drain for my solar. Its hooked up using the 1000gph intex pump and hoses attached with some 1in pipe and fittings.

My sand filter is plumbed with the larger intex valves which I cut in. The area I cut for the larger valves were already reinforced tho.

I saved some liner from previous pool for patching and or reinforcement

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/75098-Ideas-for-plumbing-intex-bottom-drain-to-pump-for-solar

I dont remember my photobucket sign-on at the moment. although I did take new pictures. the ones in my thread above are much better

where the connection is made at the pool the pcv consists of a 1inch section, the 45 elbow then some more pipe the valve and more pipe again. where it hooks onto the pool is a adapter that was inside one of my smaller intex filter hoses it slides snug over the 1inch pipe and is hose clamped, where it is hooked onto the pool fitting there is a piece of rubber from my old strainers and the adapter over that with a hose clamp. hopefully you get the idea. The small intex hoses slip over the pipe without any adapters just used hose clamps

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.