Wet look paver sealer...does it make the pavers slippery?

RESISTENCIA13

May 21, 2015
Scotch Plains, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 700
I will be sealing my patio paver using the wet look sealer. However, I am concern that seal will make the pavers slippery when wet. Has anyone here sealed their pavers? Any recommendations, comments, etc will be appreciated.

It can make them slippery, but there is an anti-skid additive you buy to mix in with the sealant or broadcast (depending on type) before the sealant dries that will add grip. I love the wet look and have no problems with slipping with the anti-skid additive.

I am in the process of stripping old paint off of the pavers. I found the correct Sherwin Williams concrete paint with anti skid. I have seven pavers which I am stripping off the old paint. Tedious project for sure.
7fccb24649aac76c1fea6034fb1377f0.jpg

14e1bdb5c9ac0d19170c1a2be0ec7d1f.jpg

This is what the old pool looked like before we bought the home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I image it's a pain...that is why I am hiring a contractor to do it as I have over 1400 sq. feet and I am not handy at all. What is the name of the non skid product?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.