Critter Question

I've owned my above ground pool for maybe 6 years now, I've never run in to this before. A few weeks before opening my pool I was hearing what I thought was a strange sounding bird in the area, usually during dusk. Never saw it. Then one day last week I've decided it was time to remove the pool cover and open up. Nothing that first night, but the day after I started to bring the pump from the basement and take it outside I heard the noise again and it was coming from my pool (the water was murky black. I looked and saw nothing, then I attended my filter and heard it again, looked up and saw something on the other side of the pool going underneath the top of the frame. Grabbed my pool pole and it jumped right on it. A toad, maybe a frog, was in my pool!

I pulled him out and put in him the bushes and went on my mary way. I heard him singing the song of his people and couldn't believe I mistook it for a bird call.

Apparently I opened my pool two days too early because the neighbors maple tree decided to start dropping its helicopter seeds and they all like to fall in my pool, so I've been cleaning out the skimmer constantly, well low and behold I go to clean it out and now there are TWO toads in my skimmer. I move them out and go on my mary way, continuing to SLAM my pool, emptying the skimmer basket of helicopters. Everything is fine now for two days, the water is starting to become less cloudy, I can see a few leaves on the bottom as well as the pool print on the bottom so I'm all happy.....that is till I go to check my skimmer just 5 minutes ago and find ANOTHER TOAD in my skimmer. This time I move him to the front of the house in hopes that he hops elsewhere.

3 critters in a week, usually I have a pair of mallards that swim in my pool till I start to clarinet it then they disappear, but this has never happened in all my years (granted not many) and since I don't want to come home to a dead critter in my pool skimmer, does anyone have any suggestions on keeping frogs and toads out of the pool (I would have thought having chlorine in the pool would keep them away [just like my ducks], especially when my FC is 12 right now.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.