Dolphin Nautilus

May 31, 2013
New Jersey
Hi everyone,

I just received my Nautilus and was reading the directions and it notes that the maximum chlorine level for operation with the Nautilus is 4 ppm. This is a bummer because I just put chlorine in this afternoon and it's probably about 6 ppm right now, so that means I can't use it until tomorrow. Does anyone know if it's okay to use if the level is a little over 4 ppm, like 6 or 5? Why is there a max chlorine level anyway? TIA!

There is a max level because Nautilus has no clue what it is talking about. It will be fine at higher chlorine levels.

Companies LOVE to be super safe and try to make everything not their fault, hence the ridiculous suggestion of 4 ppm which is only a tiny bit higher than the water you drink!

I would disregard the chlorine silliness.... however, we have found that it IS important to take Raoul* out the pool and allow his tail to dry and heat up on the pool deck. This allows you to take the twists and kinks out of the wire. The rotating contact is a nice idea that just doesn't work.

*Oh, yeah, a friend named our robot "Raoul" because of a Pool Boy involved with his wife and a cruise ship.... anyhow, we refer to cleaning the filter as cleaning Raoul's diaper....

Is this weird? [ Of course it is! :) sane people don't own large puddles of water....]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.