New return on remodel question

roth79

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2009
I am getting my pool In ground pool refinished soon and want to add an additional return. The area I want to add it to is below a concrete deck, so my question is in looking at parts for a new return most have a big plastic nut or fastner that you have to secure from the back of the pool concrete/Gunite. Can a hole be drilled from the empty pool and a new return be put in without fastening the end from outside from below the deck with just Hydralic cement or epoxy only without the rear fastened?

The pipe can be pushed through based on the yard grade by digging a hole 10 feet or so down from the yard in the grass to get the piping to connect to the new plumbing line.

Thank you for any advise.

Roth79, it appears you haven't received a reply yet on your post about a new return. Not sure if you have resolved your issue by now, but this reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. We apologize for the delay, and thank you for checking-in with TFP. Have a great day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.