Total Newbie!!

May 29, 2015
Mississauga
Hi,

I am a 2 year old pool owner but I have never had to take care of the water chemistry before. My soon to be ex did all that. He used to use the "BBB" method and I want to continue to do so as the water was always clean and great and we never had any issues. I have done my research but still feel unsure about what to do.

I have opened my pool last Saturday. It is a vinyl liner, irregular shaped chlorine pool. It contains approximately 43500 Litres. Currently it is using an automatic chlorinator which I want to disable and continue using the liquid chlorine that my ex used to always add to the pool. I have been able to keep the pool clean and my pool people showed be how to run the system and clean everything. That is pretty basic. It is the water chemistry that is freaking me out.

We have a Taylor 2005c test kit. So far my PH is 7.4 but my FC is through the roof!! I can't put enough reagent to get my test sample to go clear. Ex says the pool has too much chlorine.

I really need lots of help. I know I am sure to get it.

Thanks,

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

To make that test kit really usable, I suggest you get an FAS/DPD chlorine test so you can measure VERY high levels of chlorine. It will make your kit as capable as the kits we suggest.

Meanwhile, please run each test and post those results for us to see.........don't worry about the FC for now.

When you post your results, tell us how your water looks.

Welcome to TFP!

Echoing what duraleigh said about the importance of the FAS-DPD chlorine test. It's a must-have. It's the only way I test my chlorine levels. You can get it here: TFTestkits.net. They ship fast - you'll likely have it in your hands within 2-3 days depending on where you live.