Salt: 2300 (our SC says 2800 BTW)
Calcium hardness: 140
CYA : 40
TA: 60
pH: 7.8
Copper okay
iron okay
Phosphates High - 500

We lost so much water out of our pool and then all the pumping we had to do to get it down to the tiles, I am not surprised we need salt...but the rest....they say we need:
10lbs of Alkalinity
26lbs of CH
4lbs of CYA stuff
salt 110lbs

Thoughts?

Just curious, you've been here a while, so are you not testing your own water as well? I would trust your results first, and I really suggest doing that before you jump in with their suggestions. Whoever "they" are.

Just curious, you've been here a while, so are you not testing your own water as well? I would trust your results first, and I really suggest doing that before you jump in with their suggestions. Whoever "they" are.

Yes, we are testing it, but I didn't trust the reading for the salt bc I found it hard to believe that our salt was at 2800. We had so much water loss.

Get some bleach in that pool like right now. Who knows what got washed in? With no FC, you're practically begging for a green gooey swamp.

What are your test results? Pool stores are notoriously bad with the CYA test in particular. Post your results and we'll all be happy to plug numbers into poolmath to check doses. As for salt.... if the SWG is happy, you should be too. It'll let you know if it wants more. Never try to argue with a computer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.