sand filter

May 29, 2015
wilmington, n.c.
Hi, I have a pool that is currently a chlorine pool. I'm am interested to converting to a SWG pool. And I have been told that when do this, I should change the filter sand. And I'm new to pools and would like some advise on this please. I have everything that I need to replace some internal parts to my sand filter now. But I don't want to change the sand now and have to change it again in the near future if possible. Thank you.

Hi, welcome to TFP! You do not have to change the sand to convert the pool to a salt pool. The chlorine generated is the same as the chlorine you get from the store. Just think of it as having a mini chlorine factory hooked up to your pool! If you need to change parts in the filter because something is broken you can remove the sand and reuse it if you wish. The only time you have to replace sand is when you are dealing with calcium deposits or converting the pool from baquacil to chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.