Should I throw away my 3" Trichlor tablets?

Apr 7, 2015
Katy, TX
I have a new pool with an in line chlorinator. I was told to fill the chlorinator with chlorine tabs so I went to the pool store and bought chlorine tablets. I would like to change to the methods posted on this forum, which would be to use bleach instead of the tablets. I am wondering if there would be a time when I would use the tablets or should I just stop using it completely?

By the way, I do not know my CYA levels. The pool builder's pool school guy gave me a Pentair Rainbow test kit, which only tests for Cl, TA and pH. I just purchased a K-2006 on Amazon and will use that kit to balance my pool.

First, congrats on getting the K-2006.

I would keep the tabs for temporary use whenever you are out of town and the pool will be unattended. This is what I do. The pucks will keep as long as they are in a sealed container.

If you maintain a relatively low CYA (say around 30) you can use tablets during periods when you will be out of town. So I would hang onto them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.