Scotch Plains, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 700
So after much researching and recommendations from the forum members I purchased and received today the TF-100 Test kit. I did my first test and the test results gave me more questions than answers. Hence I am seeking your help answering my questions as follows:

1. Is this test time sensitive like the test trips. Meaning with the water turn darker or lighter? I perform the chlorine drop test and notice that after performing the test FC as I read the direction for the CC (I am a slow reader) the water turned pink. Same after I was done with the CC test.

2. Does the sample water taken from the pool has an expiration time for which the test results will be accurate?

3. Does TF-100 has a application on the app store to help reading the color results? I think I am color blind as I really had a hard time matching the Chlorine and PH test color.

1. It is normal for the water to turn back pink if you let it sit for a minuet or two

2. The amount of time it takes to carry the sample into the house and conduct the tests will not be too much. Taking the sample in the morning and testing hours later may mess up readings.

3. For the FC you can use the FAS/DPD test (powder, pink to clear test) and ignore the OTO yellow color match test. For pH you do need to color match, and there is no app to read it for you.

I know many will disagree with me.

I am big into saltwater aquariums. I have been using cheap pocket digital pH meters there for years. I calibrate about once a month, and my calibration is never off by more than a hair. These cost under $20 on amazon. The cheap ones will give you .1 accuracy, which is all you will ever need.

I find it easiest to read the pH color by holding it at arm's length with a white background. My spreadsheet in the lid if the test kit box works perfectly. Then I sort of squint until the numbers aren't quite readable. That lets me concentrate on the color.

What you want is peach. Orange is too low, Barbie pink is too high. In a week or so, you'll be able to judge whether you're closer to the color above or the color below. And if you're really colorblind, get someone else to look at it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.