Replacing Fiberoptic lights with LED

Mar 3, 2013
I have a very old Pentair Fiberworks system. i have to generators. One runs 2 round LED lights and the other runs a long string of fiberoptic rope light that goes around the pool and two smaller round lights.

Has anyone attempted to replace either the round or rope with LED?

For the rope i'm thinking about just pulling the fiberoptic rope back thru and pulling in LED RGB waterproof tape. I just wasn't sure how easy it is to pull the existing back thru the conduit under the concrete.

For the round lights I'd also like to replace those but wasn't sure what to look for in an LED to take it's place and fit in the same hole. Does the water need to be removed to change out the lights or can it be done under the water ?

Thanks for the help

LED rope lighting does not meet electrical code for use close to the water.

For the underwater lights, it is a question of how large the mounting fixture is. Most fiberoptic lights have very small mountings at the pool end and it is often impossible to find an underwater rated LED fixture that is small enough to fit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.