Been great for a year but...................

mbeck5

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 16, 2014
Dallas, Tx
Hi all, writing from just south of Dallas where is just started raining again but luckily no flooding in this area. I have been able to keep the pool chemistry pretty stable over the weeks but this morning my FC was 3.5 and I put in 2 gallons of 8.25 bleach which should have brought it up to 7.3. Just checked it and it is back at 3.5.
The numbers a few minutes ago are;

FC - 3.5 CC-0
PH - 7.7
TA - 70
CH - 225
CYA - 30

Over the last two weeks I have seen light yellow staining twice on a couple of walls, brushed it and no return yet. The pool is clean of debris(consistently taking out leaves, flying ants, twigs etc, in this stormy weather). I have run the OCLT twice in the past two weeks and been less 1 ppm loss both times. Time to shock? More rain coming daily at least through Saturday. Based on information from TFP archives, I haven't panicked in the rain, just made adjustments daily to stay in range from the PoolMath numbers. Would appreciate any suggestions.

mbeck5, I'm with ya on this one - literally and figuratively. With all the rain, I've also upped the chlorine a bit. I'm keeping it in the 4-5 ppm range and my CYA is about what yours is. Odds are that the yellow staining you're seeing is runoff and/or washed out debris from the atmosphere. (pollen, dust, etc.). Just keep up with the chlorine and you'll be fine. In fact, you may want to check your CYA level when you get a chance. Normally rain has a negligible effect on water chemistry. However, with the abnormally high amount of rain we've had lately, your water could have been diluted enough to lower it. Worth checking to make sure.

Right now, there's a line of storms between Ft. Worth and Abilene working its way east. We have a chance to check and top off the chlorine levels before it arrives.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.