Ok Newbie with my TF-100

octanefam

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 11, 2015
Puyallup, WA
Ok so we put up the pool for the first time and have added nothing as of now. PH is 7.5 but my CYA is 0 but than again I haven't added anything as of now. So this tells me that I need stabalizer correct. If so what do I buy for stabalizer?

Thanks

Since my cya is 0 and my fc is 0 can I add both the stabilizer and bleach in at the same time?

Thanks
Yes, because CYA dissolves so slowly. Normally you wait 30 minutes between doses. Be sure to follow the instructions in Recommended Pool Chemicals on how to add, and aim low with the CYA. You might have some in there but it's too low to read. You don;t want to go too high. Adding more is easy. Removing too much is not.

Ok I added my stabilizer last night and then added my bleach about an hour afterwards. Pump has been running since last night. This morning checked the sock and gave it a squeeze.

As I have read here it's ok to swim with just adding these two components. I know my son will want to swim today it's not very often we get 80 degree weather in May in the Pacific Northwest:D The pool is a bit chilly still, yesterday it was at 65 degrees but it didn't stop either of us.

Thanks for all the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.