Stabilizer .. dissolved it fast?

Trick

Silver Supporter
Apr 21, 2015
Waterford, MI
I need nearly 10lbs of stabilizer in my pool.

I just put about 4lbs in some knee high panty hose. I put that in the skimmer basket and massaged it for about 10 minutes and it has about dissolved! I'm going to put another 4 lbs in the panty hose and drop it in the skimmer again. Should I massage this other bag for quick dissolve or is that bad to do. I read most people hanging the sock and it taking 2-5 days.

It is dissolved but not distributed in the pool. I do the same thing with a skimmer sock and, if you massage the bag long enough, it certainly is a lot faster.

It will take time to show up on the CYA test. It can take up to a week before the test will register any CYA. My preferred method, which I believe is what is taught here at TFP, is to add 80% of what you think you need and then measure to see where you're at. With CYA that could mean having to be patient to wait for results. But you should have enough stabilizer in the water to do whatever else you need to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.