CYA question, newbie

Jan 14, 2013
I just got my first TFTest kit and have questions about CYA. I'm relatively new here I appreciate your patience.

36,000 gal 40 X20 with auto cover SWG
salt set to 3000
chlorinator at 40%, it was set at 45% yesterday (we just had pool ppl open about 2 weeks ago)
FC: 6.5
pH: 7.5

Not sure what other readings you need. CYA is showing up clear for the entire tube, so essentially a zero score? I repeated the test 3 times and watched the you tube video twice. Waiting to hear back from our pool guy (who opens the pool) to see what he added.

Thanks in advance!

Amy

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Sounds like you need to add a lot of stabilizer.
When was the pool opened?

Well anything that was added 2 weeks ago would certainly be showing up on the tests at this point.

I think I would add about 40-50ppm of CYA now, then a week after it is dissolved, check the CYA level and make another adjustment up to the 70-80ppm range for the SWG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.