Hmmm robotic cleaner.... which one?

Jul 12, 2012
Winter Haven, FL
I am reading all these past posts in this forum and I can't find a solid model to fit my needs. It seems everyone has a different one and theirs is the best lol. I have been reading the past 2 days and getting alot of opinions from different directions. Maybe you guys can help me with my pool shape/size to determine the best robot for my needs?

I have a 27k gallon pool, 3.5 ft shallow and 7ft deep end. Kidney shaped. Sand Filter with 1 skimmer. Suction valve on the side, but don't want a kreepy krauly just wasn't very happy with it. Roughly 14x36 it's been a while since I measured. Has a pretty steep drop off from 3.5ft to 7 feet.

My biggest concern is I have no screen enclosure and neighbors with some oak trees. Not hanging into my yard, but still blow all their **** into my lovely pool.

I am getting my pool remodeled next week. I am underbudget by about 1200 dollars. I want to use this money on a ROBOT! :) Could you guys suggest a good one? I am getting so many people having success with a dolphin, then the next guy is like my autobot runs circles around my old dolphin! Yeah well my tigershark runs circles around my old Autobot! :confused:

So any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

I'm in the same boat as Lelandapple... I have been researching for weeks and I'm just flat out confused. I've originally was looking at the Dolphin Premier and the Polaris p955 (white). Any / all recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Ah. Yeah my pool is quite large. I think it's actually more like 23k gallons. I haven't measured it in a while. Anyways, its large either way. Hopefully someone can provide some good information. I have been trolling Amazon reviews and TBP forum. It's something I want to make sure I'm well versed, I have over 30 days to make a decision so not a huge rush, just want to make sure I make the right choice :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in the same boat as Lelandapple... I have been researching for weeks and I'm just flat out confused. I've originally was looking at the Dolphin Premier and the Polaris p955 (white). Any / all recommendations would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Dolphin looks pretty decent. I am leaning to either that one or the Tigershark currently. I also like the option for remotes... I know my past pool cleaners have never been able to get all my corners, so having an optional remote would be nice. Maybe it's gimmicky I don't know but it sounds like a nice feature!!

I can only speak from personal experience. I have a dolphin and love it. Its a great cleaner and enjoys a good reputation.
easy to clean the filters too.

Regarding leaves, I dont think any of the robots will do a great job picking up Large leaves. The holes in the bottom where the leaves will get sucked up through
is too small for a large leaf like a Oak or Maple. Mine picks up medium Elm leaves and smaller just fine though.

Do you happen to have the model? The one thing that I have found very confusing with all the robotic cleaners in the models and only certain models being sold at certain stores. It's like the mattress industry... same model can have 4 different names. I found this link that tries to show the different comparisons but I'm not totally convinced how accurate it is. Anyway, if it can help:
The Truth About Pool Cleaners: What Your Pool Store Isn’t Telling You | Sunplay

I can only speak from personal experience. I have a dolphin and love it. Its a great cleaner and enjoys a good reputation.
easy to clean the filters too.

Regarding leaves, I dont think any of the robots will do a great job picking up Large leaves. The holes in the bottom where the leaves will get sucked up through
is too small for a large leaf like a Oak or Maple. Mine picks up medium Elm leaves and smaller just fine though.

In my experience having owned Dolphins and now an Aquabot, they can both be good products, but Aquabot is a lot more friendly towards the DIY repair crowd with better availability of repair parts, and also lower street prices on wear components like brushes, tracks, rollers, etc.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah, i have the basick no bells and whistles Nautilus. Its in my sig

Do you happen to have the model? The one thing that I have found very confusing with all the robotic cleaners in the models and only certain models being sold at certain stores. It's like the mattress industry... same model can have 4 different names. I found this link that tries to show the different comparisons but I'm not totally convinced how accurate it is. Anyway, if it can help:
The Truth About Pool Cleaners: What Your Pool Store Isn’t Telling You | Sunplay

I've had a Dolphin Diagnostic since 2006. Never a problem. I got it because I have a bad back and vacuuming the pool is something that severely aggravates it. I have a lot of trees in my yard-Ash, Maple, Cherry and Oak and tall heavy shrubs and the Dolphin picks it all up. Cottonwood too(2 trees next door so I get A LOT). I have never found an acorn in my pool so I can not attest to that.

I've had a Dolphin Diagnostic since 2006. Never a problem. I got it because I have a bad back and vacuuming the pool is something that severely aggravates it. I have a lot of trees in my yard-Ash, Maple, Cherry and Oak and tall heavy shrubs and the Dolphin picks it all up. Cottonwood too(2 trees next door so I get A LOT). I have never found an acorn in my pool so I can not attest to that.

Yeah my neighbor has 2 huge oaks I get his leaves all the time, but no acorns. Too dense to float over into my yard I suppose.

Has anyone heard of the Water Tech Pool Blaster Power Rated 3000? I just got an e-mail from the company that this unit is being sold for 50% off until June 15th. It comes complete with caddy and it offers top loading for easy cleaning. I can find no reviews online but looking at other websites the list price is close to $1200. I think the same company also makes the Aquabot series of cleaners. Amazon has the Dolphin Nautilus on sale for $511. I am torn between the two and was looking for some suggestions.
Thanks

Let us know how it works, out. This is the 1st year for the Nautilus Plus, so Im curious what folks think about them.

It came in the mail today. It is really heavy, 35ish pounds. Looks and feels sturdy. Going to have to ask my pool builder when I'm able to actually drop it in the water though. I saw a prior post saying 30 days after the plaster is put on? So mine may be on the shelf for a little while. I'll confirm that when I talk to him.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.