First pool opening - novice owner

Ya, you did not screw up big time. That would be letting it get way down. Try your best to keep it at or slightly above 12. Make sure you are testing for those CCs too.

Also find any little nooks and crannies algae might hide. Ladders are a big place. Behind lights too, but that is more of a inground type of issue.

Thanks man. So far so good I think. After testing tonight it was down to about 10.5 FC. I once again took it to 12FC. I will test in the morning before I head to the office and see how much I've lost. That will be a good base for how much bleach I need to add to take it to 14 FC until lunch. Thanks for the advice sir. Until then.....

Thanks guys! I'm trying to learn this stuff. :) Thanks about the suggestion to find any nooks n crannies Steve. I'm going too hit it once over on the floor and walls with the brush again when I get home this afternoon. I removed all of the lights and ladders at the end of last season (one thing I done right I suppose, haha) so that's not a problem. However I will scrub the floor and wall real good. The water looked pretty dang clear this morning and the CC tested at 0.5 so I'm on the right path thanks to you guys. Silly question time. Can I get in it and scrub it with FC that high? I just ask because it's such a pain in my *** to reach over the wall to get the wall brush on it. Building a deck is the next up as soon as I get this thing cleaned up. I'd like to go get lumber by tomorrow. I want to wait until I can get in the thing to cool off while I'm building ya know? I will test again this afternoon when I get home and keep you guys updated. Thanks again for the help.

Well guys I think we are there! FC held steady yesterday morning so I got in and gave it a good scrub down again (more than a once over this time) and continued to let the filter run. Retested all my numbers and passed with flying colors! CC was next to nothing. I will confess I went ahead and thru one lb of Clorox Ultra Blue shock in last night since I knew I was safe with a very low CYA. I just like the way that stuff made my water look last year. Left the pump running all evening and woke up to a beautiful sparkling oasis. Retuned from the office this evening and tested everything again to be sure and all was right on. FC had burned off to 8 and CYA only jumped +2 for a total of 32. Everything else was spot on. You guys rock! It looks beautiful. So I suppose now I just add bleach every now and then to maintain my FC around 4 or 5 daily per my CYA of 32 and keep it vacuumed and scrubbed correct? I realize that the powdered clorox could take a bit more to totally raise the CYA since sometimes it doesnt show up immediately. I will continue to monitor it.I think Im in the clear! . Im letting the Aqua Bug vac run now for about 4 hours before I go to bed. Then im going to go ahead and let the pump run all evening again and call it a Friday offical opening. Im headed to tell the wife to get the bikini out! Perfect timing as all the new water is at just the right temp. Haha. Thanks again everyone for all the help thru this process. I will try it pay it forward to someone else.

Correct my man! That much I did know but that me for the reminder. I was just meaning after it wore down to normal levels. Looking great today. Just got home and about to take a dip. Wife was already in. I'll check it once the sun goes down and see what I'm at now. I'm thinking it should be about on today and start adding tonight / tomorrow. I think I'm in good shape. Appreciate the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.