Rocks/stone around perimeter of pool

May 9, 2015
Southern TN
I hope this is in the right place. It was the best fitting forum I could find for my question.

My question is:
I was thinking about putting some stones around the perimeter of my pool. What types can you use and is it even possible with an existing pool such as mine? See my pool specs in signature. My concrete is flush with the edge of my pool. I absolutely love the look it gives your pool. I saw one pool that had them and the stones appeared to be about twice the size of a normal brick and a lot wider and flatter. Anybody?

From my reading here...

Pea gravel is out. It will all end up in the pool eventually.
Avoid any rocks smaller than the pipes in the bottom of the skimmer, lest one somehow end up in the plumbing.

I think what you're after is flagstone. Google Flagstone Pool Deck and look at the images.

Or scroll through all the threads in Show Off going back to the beginning and look for threads that say "pics" or have
paperclip.png
showing

Hi lindz,
you're talking about the stones with are right at waters edge, all around the pool... right?
Those are called coping.

In order for you do it and look like you envision it, would require a concrete deck renovation. Teh concrete all around the pool peremiter could be cut out with a saw and replaced with stone coping.
However, its an expensive ordeal. Very likely this would also require a liner replacements, because the aluminum liner track which would be compatible would most likely also need to be replaced.

Something like in this link is what you're asking about?

Vinyl Pool Styles - Bing Images

I have a similar question for an above ground. The leveling left a 18" deep "trench around 1/3 of the diameter. Not sure how to cover it up. I was thinking of a ground level boardwalk using deck material and making it "free standing" without digging holes and putting in concrete footers but rather just setting it on legs made of short 4x4 in posts on the ground. Probably critters will live under it? :mad:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.