TF Testkit processes

Oct 21, 2008
Terre Haute, IN
Newbie here and trying to compare test kits. I have it down to your tf100 and Taylor 2006 but am a little confused even after reading your comparison chart:

category/pool-school/pool_test_kit_comparison

I see the bigger things regarding quantity sizes and a method to easier distinguish your cya level. But the actual testing procedure/methods...Especially on the PH and Hardness. Are they the same process both kits??? Guess I'm wondering if theres like more processes (things to mix) necessary to get a test result one kit versus another. From a more tests for the money side the TF kit seems better, but what about if theres more time involved to get the same results?

investindy said:
Newbie here and trying to compare test kits. I have it down to your tf100 and Taylor 2006 but am a little confused even after reading your comparison chart:

category/pool-school/pool_test_kit_comparison

I see the bigger things regarding quantity sizes and a method to easier distinguish your cya level. But the actual testing procedure/methods...Especially on the PH and Hardness. Are they the same process both kits??? Guess I'm wondering if theres like more processes (things to mix) necessary to get a test result one kit versus another. From a more tests for the money side the TF kit seems better, but what about if theres more time involved to get the same results?

The processes are exactly the same.

Invest,

I'll add a little to what Tim said. The TF-100 is Taylor chemistry and test methods. In other words, there is no diffterence in the individual testing procedures.

The TF-100 gives you some larger quantities of reagents that I believe you will use more of, and, in one case a little less (I promise, you will be lucky if you ever use up the R-0011L). It eliminates the acid and base demand tests as most residential pool owners have little if any use for them.

So, the TF-100 is a modified Taylor Chemistry kit that I think applies more to the residential pool owner who wants to take control of his pool and, as such, represents a little better value.

Additionally, there are literally hundreds of people active on this forum who own the TF-100 making the "tech support" 24/7 and response time often within minutes of having posted a question.

The Taylor K-2006 is a fine kit and there are many satisfied owners of that kit on this forum as well. I would like to think the TF-100 is a little better suited for our purposes and gives you a lower cost per test.

My apologies for posting this "commercial". I'll let others comment on the shipping and customer service.

I agree very fast responses on the few posts I have done here!!!! Very prompt and professional everyone.....I just bought a house with a pool and had been counting on "test strips" to get me close...The ones I had I was dialing my pool into got my water way off base on the results I just got from the pool store.

I thought I was stepping up and got the PS's slightly better rainbow tech ($12) to do basic PH/Chlorine. My thought process was that since alk, hardness, and CYA doesnt move that much with using BBB I could count on the pool store for those other values every few weeks. After getting my "improved kit" home I realize its FC level only went to 3 not high enough for my needed FC demand (high CYA) and I had no way to do CC....

Summing up my analysis for others:

Thus based on the customer support and the same price, and you have only tweaked the PH system and the CYA system, plus add more chemicals and adding a daily FC test its SOLD!!! Only advantage I see over the 2006 Taylor then is the acid/base demand stuff but I am not familiar with this territory and everything I've read here most users dont need to mess with that.

Next spring after I start testing again with my TF kit I will do some samplings and gather data from my old test strips and report to the forum how far off they were!!! I can tell you the PH off the cuff I was showing 7.2 thinking of adding Borax and the pool store came in at 7.8....I got it home and my Rainbow came in at 7.6 (all same water bottle)...Thus alll over the map!!!! Even if its not an exact science I need consistent reliable results.

http://www.tftestkits.com/index.php?act ... roductId=2

No I did not get paid by TF for this testimonial, trying to just educate others what you will find out going down the path I did from test strips, to a basic kit, to realing needing something more. Then after scouring over a lot of testkits finding under $100 for all tests the TF100 and Taylor 2006 being the top two chocies...My results reread this thread.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.