Solar blanket idea for tight backyards :)

Jun 16, 2014
Uxbridge Ontario
Like many here I am sure, we have a tighter than tight backyard.
With two young kids we still have a play set (actually two made into one!) shoehorned into the backyard with Daddy's shed, Mommy's veggie garden, a small patio deck, some grass for the dog.. and of course.... the pool.
All we can fit literally is a 14' and that gives us just enough room to get the lawnmower between the pool and the end of the slide ;)
It is right up against the fence at the back and the shed at one side, just enough room to walk around for inspection.

After a couple years of getting tired of fighting with the solar cover, having nowhere to put it when it was off, getting soaked taking it off and putting it on.
I snapped up a free solar cover reel on a local swap group and mounted it to the fence behind the pool.
Last year we were still dealing with the cheap round solar cover that you buy from Walmart or the like but we needed a replacement this year and my idea was to get a pool store quality one and keep it cut straight at the back and attach it properly to the straps and cut to fit the pool at the front.
I just got finished doing it today and it is Fantastic!!!!

Just and idea for anyone out there who might be tired of struggling like I was!

FullSizeRender.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

A shot with the blanket on....
FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Thanks!
I'm still reading posts looking for a good, easy implementation for a sprayer bar.. I think the kids would love it!
So that is probably my next mod... and I am still getting up the nerve for a skimmer...
Hubby is going to play with some solar heater he got on clearance at the end of the season last year, tomorrow.
It's the first time I have let him play with the pool......I'm nervous .... lol!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.