Another Aquapure 1400 no flow issue looking for some details

May 27, 2015
Albuquerque, NM
Hi! I have an Aquapure 1400 which is showing a constant no flow indication. I've done some research and I've already tried cleaning the sensor (wasn't really dirty but it's sparkling now!), disconnected/re-connect the sensor at the board and haven't had much luck so far. I don't get any error codes at all. I replaced the sensor 1 or 2 years ago after I did get the sensor fail error codes (172 I believe?)

See a couple things which I haven't seen answered in other posts so thought I'd ask before spending money on a new one.

- There is a blinking green LED on the smaller board which the sensor connects to. It seems to just blinkk at steady rate. Does the blinking indicate anything?
- I've also tried depressing the white "cal" button on the small circuit board and haven't noticed any change. Does that indicate the sensor is bad?

I have a pentair whisper quiet pump which I don't think is adjustable for rpm to try and get more flow to resolve the problem but to be honest i haven't researched the pump as much yet. Seems like I have good flow though. Is this pump adjustable?

Sorry for the long post! Hope someone can help. Thanks!

Galleta, I had this exact problem. There is a very small white button on the edge of that small board where the sensor connects. Push and hold it for 5 seconds, when the small green light should turn on solid green. If it does, then your flow should be back on. That is a calibration issue. Not sure why mine did this, but it worked. Jandy tech sup helped me with this.

Edit: just saw that you did push the CAL button. Hold it for 5 seconds and hopefully light will stay on solid without blinking.

Ok. Tried holding "cal" button again while display shows "wait" (before no flow shows). After about 3 sec green led on circuit board (not the flow led on display) blinks once and then after a while starts blinking again and i still get a no flow display.

I took the pump apart to make sure it was clean (it is) and also cleaned out the filter (pentair paper) and i still have no flow.

How can i check the flow? Buy and install an inline flow meter? Or would just doing a quick fill up a gallon bucket and record time?

Just concerned I'm nit getting an error code for the sensor. Maybe the pump motor is bad?

What is the normal clean pressure on your filter and what is it now?

Do you feel a strong flow of water out of the returns?

Have you taken the cell off and inspect it for blockage and calcium buildup?

I'm thinking you need a new sensor if you pass all those questions. I never got more than 1.5 years out of a sensor.

I usually keep the filter pretty clean so pressure stays on the low side. It's currently just under 20psi and I don't remember it getting much above 25psi or so over the summer.

Flow out of the returns feels normal to me..

I have taken the whole cell off and the plates are very clean, no blockage there.

Guess I'll order a new sensor... ridiculous that they have such a short lifetime. :(

What is the normal clean pressure on your filter and what is it now?

Do you feel a strong flow of water out of the returns?

Have you taken the cell off and inspect it for blockage and calcium buildup?

I'm thinking you need a new sensor if you pass all those questions. I never got more than 1.5 years out of a sensor.

Just to close this thread out... Received the new sensor today and it fixed the problem.

Freaked out a bit at first as I thought I had received/ordered the wrong part. This one has a separate comtroller to pick a program based on your main board and doesn't use the small adapter board anymore.

See how long this one lasts. :mad:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.