TA Testing

Once you are sure it stops changing completely, be certain with one more drop, and if that final one doesn't change it any more, don't count it. Always push your endpoint to the end where there is no more color change.

Lowering TA

How long does it usually take to get a sense of the new PH & TA readings after dosing with MA, or is it pretty much right away?

I tested about a half an hour afterwards and PH dropped as expected. My TA, on the other hand, had no movement. I'm aerating now to bring PH back up and in a few days I can try again. I'm just wondering if my test only about a half an hour into the dose isn't providing a true accurate picture of TA...

Re: Lowering TA

A half hour is usually good for pH but my personal preference is one hour for acid mixing. You should not expect to see a lot of TA movement unless you make pretty significant changes to the pH. Larger TA movements happen over time. You can see any TA shift about as soon as you can pH after an addition and mixing, but big shifts have to be done over days, or weeks usually. Making small shifts over time that is.

Re: Lowering TA

Something to keep in mind about the relationship between pH and TA...

TA is a buffer for pH - a fine-tuning if you will. pH is like a channel selector that displays the desired channel. TA is a fine-tuning dial that brings the selected channel into sharper focus. The "right" TA for your pool is that level where your pH stays relatively stable.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.