"CHECK CELL" message will not clear on GoldLine AquaRite Electronic Chlorine Generato

"CHECK CELL" message will not clear on GoldLine AquaRite Electronic Chlorine Generato

Also has low salt message….. I have cleaned the cell and does not help…. From what I have read the T-Cell-15 needs to be replaced, but I want to be relatively sure that is the problem before I buy a new one. The message came up while I was out of town for several days. The CL check .5 by then. I did a "SHOCK TREATMENT" yesterday to keep the pool clean until I figure out what's going on. Any other possible problems with the system other than the cell? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Re: "CHECK CELL" message will not clear on GoldLine AquaRite Electronic Chlorine Gene

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

The Check Cell message comes up every 3 months or so to remind you to inspect/clean the cell. You can reset it by holding the button for 5 seconds I think.

Although, if you also have low salt, that is an unrelated problem.

Have you independently checked the salt level?

Re: "CHECK CELL" message will not clear on GoldLine AquaRite Electronic Chlorine Gene

The "Check Cell" message will clear but will come back after reset in approximately 30 seconds. There is ample salt. I put a bag in and my son also put a bag in not knowing I had already added salt. There WAY TOO MUCH salt in pool now. The cell is not producing chlorine, but I don't know for sure it's because the cell is bad or is caused by different problem….. Thanks.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

The Check Cell message comes up every 3 months or so to remind you to inspect/clean the cell. You can reset it by holding the button for 5 seconds I think.

Although, if you also have low salt, that is an unrelated problem.

Have you independently checked the salt level?

That did not answer my question of whether you tested the salt level independently.

You could have a pool store test your cell to see if it is bad, also.

That did not answer my question of whether you tested the salt level independently.
+1

Salt needs to be correct in the pool before you can go any farther with diagnosing. The fact that you put two bags of salt in the pool could be the reason you are having the current problems. You may have had a problem before you put the salt in, but that may be obscured by the high salt right now. And the high salt problem can be pointing you in the wrong direction of repair.

Take the time and save money, get the water right first. I encourage my customers to never trust the on-board salt reading.

Let's think logic here for a second... How could your pool be "OK" with regard to the salt level one week, then suddenly you need a whole bag of salt? Where did the salt go? Theoretically, the only way to get salt out of the pool is to take it out physically, leak, backwash, splash, etc... You, and your SWCG would catch that, your levels would slowly drop. Even if your SWCG wasn't accurate, the level at which it though it was, would drop, right?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.