replacement weir

rlefig

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2013
Reading, MA
Hi, I have not been on this site since last year but you you all can help me out again.

My pool was built around 1972 and it is a gunite pool with a swimquip skimmer. The weir was never there and I would like to install one as it helps keep stuff in the skimmer and with the number of oak tress around that is helpful.

where the weir attaches is about 8 1/2 by 4 to maybe 5 inches. Their are two small tabs on the bottom of the weir frame on the skimmer where I i believe the weir would attach.

Now the question is which weir to get, I have no idea? Can somebody please offer guidance

thanks

I also get errors when I try to post pictures from taptalk and online as I want to show progress.

Hello, depending on your skimmer have you looked at this
40-thickbox_default.jpg

Here's a link: American Products Floating Weir - Super Pool Parts It's two parts.

skimmer basket floating weir - Google Search skimmer basket floating weir

You won't have to worry about the door anymore.

You might also consider one of these AQUAPower Skimmer Door - OFFICIAL SITE I installed one the other day to replace the broken weir gate on my pool (the old weir gate would also stick causing the pump to loose prime), overall it seems to work fairly well, probably an improvement over a conventional weir as there is not flapping.

Ike

p.s. if you get one watch the youtube installation video, the printed instructions leave a bit to be desired, installation takes about 30 second, but you need to be in the pool to do it

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.