Pool Proof (borate)

whataboy

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 18, 2015
Lewisville,Texas
Just purchased 4 gallons Pool Proof but before adding I was wondering what would happen if levels falls below 30ppm or goes above 50ppm? From what I read it doesn't raise anything like CYA or CH
Have done lots of research on the product and really can't find anything negative. Suppose to stabilize PH & TA as well as making water sparkle more. My numbers are spot on and the water sparkles already. Please advise. Thanks!!!

I'd like to know too. I believe it just becomes too diluted below 30 for the positive effects. I converted to a Borate pool 6 months ago, and it does seem to have helped stabilize the TA, PH, and is sparkling.

Borates below 30 are harmless, but considered ineffective. Borates above 50 or so exceed the (very conservative) epa limit. Borates up to 80 is considered normal for baqua pools, so nothing dramatic starts happening right at 50. For a chlorine pool there is no real point in going over 50, and if you accidentally go over a little it is not a big d

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.