Above Ground Pool Purchase Help

LDH36

May 28, 2015
Youngstown OH
After waiting several years to purchase my pool, I'm finally able to do it. I thought I was ready to purchase from The Great Escape. But, after reading dozens of negative reviews I am scared to buy from them. Where is the best place to buy an above ground pool? I should also point out that I want a 21x43 oval pool. I know most people go with round pools, but I'm a swimmer and want the distance for swimming. Thanks for any help.

Hello - I did quite a bit of research before purchasing . I live fairly close to you and I searched all nearby stores. I thought great escape was quite expensive personally. Here is my two cents:

For Above ground pools the physics of a pool and supports and pool longevity all point to a round pool being your best bet. More square footage per dollar as well. Like you, I didn't want a round pool. I went to Ohio Pools and Spas to purchase the exact oval pool you mentioned above. Square footage exactly the same, they gave me the speel above about it not being the best bang for my buck and recommended a round pool which I declined. Next, they showed me pictures of splash (at the time legacy) brand pools that look cheap to be honest. In doing research though they seem to be superior because you a) never replace the liner b) made of galvanized steel beams and very hard material. In not trying to give a sales pitch I'm just saying look into it. Google splash or legacy pool then take a look at my setup. Obviously that might be a bit more than what you want to do but I enjoyed getting a rectangle pool and in ground look for above ground price.

Pool/Deck Install Finished Finally!!

A lot of people have Sharkline pools... purchased on a very well know website easily googled. I hired a pool installer ( sub contractor from local pool store ) to do my install.
Purchase pool
Purchase Liner
Purchase stairs
Purchase Pool Pump
Purchase Cleaning supplies
Buy bleach, borax, baking soda and some CYA. Done.

We were quoted about 6,000$ here in the north east for just the pool
I have roughly 4500 invested in the entire venture including a 16x16 deck... and a liner replacement this year from ice damage.

They have aluminum walls if it is stated.
Mine is their New Yorker(Morada) with aluminum wall.
They also own a local pool store in the same area.
Many of the ones online are their own version of other pools.
Mine was just as advertised

I was stating that the Sharkline Matrix is labeled on that site... The only two pools that Sharkline sells that are Aluminum are the Navigator and the Oasis semi inground... The matrix is in fact a Steel Wall pool with the rest being Resin.

I understand what you are saying.
My local Dealer has steel and aluminum walls in almost every model available due to the salt crowd.
I was just posting a place that I had a great experience with My 21' x 54" Morada aluminum wall with 9" Resin top rails and 8" uprights , Perma 2500 Unibead liner and skimmer was only $1599.00 shipped no tax (unless you are in WI)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.