PVC Water Fountain - Intex AGP - PVC plumbed

poolsam

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 15, 2014
Bangor, maine
I have split the return, with ball valve stops, from heater which will connect to the bottom of the PVC sprinkler device. I drilled 1/8 holes and started with 5 on each side (can always add more). Today I want to attach it. Should I zip tie it to a metal post? Should the T be higher than pool edge? Any suggestions on installation. I added unions on either side of T so I can adjust the direction of the line of sprinkler holes.

image.jpg

Good idea with the unions. When I did mine I glued it up so there is no adjustment.

I have mine ziptied to the support post just like you suggested. The crossbar of the fountain is probably 10" above the top rail of the pool. I also cut a chunk of PVC to put under the sprinkler where it connects to the other plumbing just for added support.

My kids love this thing.

My picture is too big so I am trying to get it to work.

From my filter I pretty much ran it straight out and then a 90 straight up to a T, no 45 or 90 at the top of the fountain.

Not sure why I ran it higher than the rail. I think I saw a picture on here of someone that had it up a little so I just copied that idea.

Kids love the install. My hard plumbing is a little chaotic but I keep adding things and try and use the old piping. My intex is older and the walls move a little if lots of kids in the pool so I used intex hosing from pool to PVC. Plus I take this down every year as we get cold winters up here.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

That looks great. I take mine down annually as well so I have random unions throughout my hard plumb to make it a little easier on myself.

I can never open my fountain valve all the way, the water fires about 6 feet over past the pool if I do that. The garage roof gets soaked! I think I used a 5/32 bit for the holes so there is a good stream.

i know this is off topic but i was just wondering since u take it down every year how do u cap off the heater? I want to add a gas heater to my pool but long story short, hubby wants all gas piping under ground which means we would have to dig up and ruin our current landscaping, interlock etc etc, as to why we havent done it yet but back to my question how do u close up the heater assuming it is gas

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.