West Jordan, UTAH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
So, my levels have been acceptable so far this year (at least I think they're OK). The two things that are way off and don't appear to be changing are my CYA and my high TA levels. I have added CYA in both liquid and granular forms but it has not yet been a week so testing is futile...in fact I still have 2 socks full dissolving as we speak.

So my question now is regarding the high TA. I read herehttp://www.troublefreepool.com/content/129-how-to-lower-lowering-total-alkalinity. That it isn't necessary to lower the TA and that it's actually discouraged to do it just for the sake of doing it. So is it something I should bring down or not?

My tests from the last 2 nights (seem pretty stable to me)

Yesterday:
Salt 3000ppm
FC 2
CC 0
PH 7.4
TA 130
CYA 0 - <30

Tonight:

Salt 3400 (finally up to where I want it)
FC 3
CC 0
TA 150 (why is this climbing? Maybe CYA adds TA?)
PH 7.2
CH 200

Water temp is 68

It appears that my PH is dropping rather than increasing... But that's only one night. I'm also still tweaking my pump schedule and chlorination a bit until I get it just right.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.