Diamond brite watercolors

I have a question about dark diamond brite finish and mottling...
When does it usually appear? The finish is 10 days old and I've been brushing twice a day and so far I still have a beautiful and even color everywhere in the pool.
Does it happen later?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are good! Most of the time it molts from the very beginning if it is going to molt..................In time I don't know what will happen. We have very little follow up for most pools. We get to enjoy the build and finish then most people wander off to others things.

Kim

All this talk of molting has me thinking of Suz and how she likes those snake pictures. Yes, generally mottling does occur up front. Though there is current thread about mottling showing up on a finish after a few months. Yet to be determined what the cause is (pretty hard to pin down though). Our tinted plaster mottled right away as I expected it would.

Awwwww, you haven't forgotten me, Bmore!!! Yes, I can pass on snake pictures. Did I mention my sister used to hunt snakes at night with her snake stick and flashlight and hatchet? Then she skinned them and made hat bands. But she screams and runs at the sight of a spider! We are very close, but ohhhhhh so different.

I think I have mottling, but I'm not sure. The color, etc changes almost constantly. I guess it isn't too bad, or it would bother me. To me, it just looks like the bottom of a natural body of water.

Indigo: did you find the dark drain covers? I didn't have a fancy-shmancy PB, but I was offered dark gray, tan, or white drain covers and return things. It seemed like it was a standard option with my PB. What does your PB say about it. To me, it seems like he should offer you the dark gray considering your pool finish color.

Take care,
Suz.

All this talk of molting has me thinking of Suz and how she likes those snake pictures. Yes, generally mottling does occur up front. Though there is current thread about mottling showing up on a finish after a few months. Yet to be determined what the cause is (pretty hard to pin down though). Our tinted plaster mottled right away as I expected it would.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh Suz... I didn't have a fancy-shmancy PB either! His a simple cheap and not honest person (come to find out ) he probably would have to me it would cost me $500 extra for dark grey covers... That's just how he operates unfortunately... Listen to this! He wanted to charge me $475 for the fire-up of the pool he just built! He's ridiculous! At worse another pool company was going to charge me $120 but did inform me that my PB was supposed to do it. Can't stand him after so many little things... And he keeps asking for his final check before we have passed and closed the inspections besides a problem with 2 of the jets in the spa. I told him to stop asking until those things are DONE!

How awful!!! I can't imagine any PB wanting to charge extra to start up the pool he just built! That is shocking!!! I'm stunned - and not in a good way. I'm so sorry you had to deal with such a PB. But you did well managing him, because your pool is fabulous. Hang on to that final check! It's probably the only thing he cares about. At least, I hope he does!
Suz.

Oh Suz... I didn't have a fancy-shmancy PB either! His a simple cheap and not honest person (come to find out ) he probably would have to me it would cost me $500 extra for dark grey covers... That's just how he operates unfortunately... Listen to this! He wanted to charge me $475 for the fire-up of the pool he just built! He's ridiculous! At worse another pool company was going to charge me $120 but did inform me that my PB was supposed to do it. Can't stand him after so many little things... And he keeps asking for his final check before we have passed and closed the inspections besides a problem with 2 of the jets in the spa. I told him to stop asking until those things are DONE!

Here's a color update of the DB cobalt blue after 8weeks
de913b88d8b75d1463e302a5fa7bdbac.jpg
661102264b9827f946d116aea0ae3d6c.jpg

a832650e7875ca6d19b7805e7783189a.jpg

That first picture is full sun and it's really beautiful in full sun!!! I love it because I get both! I get bright with full sun and it gets nice and deep with the shade. I get mostly shade and love the reflections I get

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.