Diamond brite watercolors

When you say set like regular pavers, are they on a crushed rock base? I assume the "coping" stones are secured to the bond beam with some sort of thinset? You have any pictures during install? How many and what type of lights did you go with? Those stepping stones look awesome, but I can't imagine what a PITA it would be to tile and plaster that narrow gap between them. That's going to be really awesome all lit up at night. (will need pics!)

We were on a budget too. It's long since gone out the window lol. If you really want a darker color try to get it now. It will cost you more later. The product does cost double for the darker colors. I found it on line. As for the labor my PB told me there was no more labor cost on the darker colors at first. When I told he what I could buy it for he didn't know what to say. But my hubby and I went to the showroom to look at all the products The distributor offers here in west palm, the manger there was telling us that the darker colors are harder to get right. That the fading and molting happen no matter who does it. But if it's done right that it's not as fast as one would think. We like the midnight blue. In was 1600.00 more for the quartzscapes than the midnight blue and it's a lifetime warraty vs 10 years and that doe not cover the fading of dark colors. We decidedly bite the bullet and pay the extra for the quartzscapes that has a lifetime warranty. Best of luck to you. Hope this rain goes away soon!

Reactions: JHouhou
Doggo, that's exactly how they did it unfortunately I didn't take pictures os the process, and yes plastering those corners is going to be a PITA lol they are going to hate it. I only have two led Hayward led lights one for the pool and one for the spa, they are the kind that changes colors but tbh I only like the white and maybe blue light.

Drey, tell me about budgets!, LOL I'm just way over at this point by about 10k so my husband doesn't want to hear it. I'd love the quartzscapes, they are beautiful. I LOVE Avill I think the name is. And how about this rain??? Omg, I was supposed to be filling the pool today... I think Tuesday next week looks ok, fingers crossed.

Here's hoping. We are at a stand still. We dug on the 7th and I think it's rained all most everyday since. And my hubby is the one doing all the spending here lol. I just wanted a pool with a raised spa. We started with a 17x30 pool with a raised spa. Nothing to fancy. Now we have a 17x35 pool with a 5x17 sunshelf. 3 bubblers. The bubblers were my idea. I did want a sunshelf in the being but didn't want to lose the swim area for it. 1300 sf of deck. And he thinking of more things he wants lol.

Oh that's so great your husband is exited about it, mine wants nothing to do with it so I have to push for everything... So much work! Lol I wanted everything from the get go so I wanted a pool long enough to swim, a sunshelf with the floating steps and the spa I didn't fight for (budget) and the spa was the only thing he said he wanted. I didn't want to loose any swim area so I put the sunshelf on the side by the spa. My original design had a tiki hut right at the edge next to the sunshelf and now I wish the sunshelf could be bigger because the tiki never happened and now we are doing it latter and a few feet away from pool. I also have 1300ft of deck.

I love your pool already! I can't wait to see pictures and watch the process :)

Hey it's not raining this morning! I hope your guys are there! I have a bobcat coming this morning for some final clean up before DB

I just asked the pool guy that question and he said one wk!!! I wanted to go in by Monday lol but I sure hope I don't have to wait a full week. Does anyone here know??? I need to go check out pool school :) my sister is coming to visit and arrived Monday, she's had the tickets for weeks so that's the other reason I was trying to get this done ASAP, she has a 1year old and he's never been in a pool, they live in NYC. So yes I'm having a small get together Sunday next wk for my sister the day she leaves. Can't wait!

Oh I went with cobalt, let's see how that turns out! I never saw one in person. Holding my breath!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm sure you will love the color! We saw a dark blue pool in Mexico on vacation and love it! Of course I'm sure it was painted that color. But look was amazing. We really loved the darker colors too. I would have settled for a lighter color but not my hubby. That's the one thing he really wanted.

Me too, that was MY Number one thing
25045ded1739c206565d74313a71b4f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Metal

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.