How to access Hayward Power Flo Matrix impeller?

I have the dreaded humming pump and after reading several threads, I thought if we could spin the impeller, we may be able to free up something.
The problem is, I can't access the impeller. We have a Hayward Power Flow Matrix 1 hp that has only been used for 2 seasons. My husband took the pump apart on the wet end and you can see the impeller is behind another piece of plastic. You can see and touch the rounded end, but the blades are barely visible. I can get my finger in to touch them, but can't move them. Any suggestions?
I found a photo of the impeller for my model, an SP1510Z1XEHC, and am attempting to attach it to this post.
Thanks!

Attachments

• HaywardPowerFloMatrixImpeller.jpg
    HaywardPowerFloMatrixImpeller.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 37
Does the motor end have a nut on the shaft that you can put a wrench on? That'll give you more torque than a screwdriver. With it open like that, you can't turn the impeller at all? That whole piece should spin, not just the blades inside it. You should be able to hold the nut on the shaft, and spin the impeller counter-clockwise to unscrew it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.