Pool plastering

May 27, 2015
Richmond, VA
Hello all. Has anyone out there replastered a pool? Looking to replaster (or even skim coat if possible) a 285000 gallon in ground pool. Looking for tips or advice. We can't afford a professional job and most of our plaster is long gone from 50 years of heavy use. Any advice is appreciated.

Hello all. Has anyone out there replastered a pool? Looking to replaster (or even skim coat if possible) a 285000 gallon in ground pool. Looking for tips or advice. We can't afford a professional job and most of our plaster is long gone from 50 years of heavy use. Any advice is appreciated.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!! You've come to a super place! Everyone here is ready to share information and give lots of support and encouragement! Sit back and stay a while!

Now..... did you mean 28,500 gallon pool? I know it could be a 285,000 gallon pool, but you're going to have a lot of plastering to do!!! If it is a mistake, you can click on Edit at the bottom of the post, then correct it just like you would in an email or word doc.

We love renovation pools! They are so interesting! Be sure to include pictures whenever you can. We're a greedy bunch about pictures!!! Take care! Suz.

Nope it is a 285,000 gallon 25 meter lane monster with a 12' diving well. It's a small community pool that I've been taking care of for 7 years now. We don't have a lot of money and I do most all of the work myself with the aid of a concrete worker friend of mine. My wife refers to the pool as my mistress... :)

rhicks101;818543 1;818543 said:
Nope I t is a 285,000 gallon 25 meter lane monster with a 12' diving well. It's a small community pool that I've been taking care of for 7 years now. We don't have a lot of money and I do most all of the work myself with the aid of a concrete worker friend of mine. My wife refers to the pool as my mistress... :)

Wow, wow, wow! That IS a monster pool! But it makes sense now that I know it's a community pool.

Seven years - that's a labor of love, all right! I can see why your wife says that.

The community sure is lucky to have you for a friend! Hats off to you - pretty cool. Thanks for clearing that up. And good luck! Suz.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.