First TF-100 test result.

Trick

Silver Supporter
Apr 21, 2015
Waterford, MI
TF-100 kit came today and of course was excited to put it to use.

PH = 7.2
BR = 4

FC = 2
CC = 0
TC =2

CH = 550

TA = 220

CYA = 0

Salt = 2800

Overall not too bad?

I have been working on the TA with muriatic acid for a couple weeks now. We put about 3 gallons of acid in so far. I'd guess it needs at least 2 more.

CYA, I figured I needed that, pool store tests said so too. Have only put 1 bag in ever. Pool is about a month old.

Salt is in range, (2700-3400) but I'm going to bump it up. Pool calculator says 8lbs will get me closer to 3400.

CH, Calcium Hardness, looks like we have to drain to correct this. I will be testing my city water eventually. I'm guessing its normally high based on the pool being a newer install. Probably last on my list of balancing.

If I'm off track on anything, please point me in the right direction.

On my way to get some stabilizer and muriatic acid right now.:stirpot:

I would add about 50ppm of CYA in the water and keep an eye on your FC level so it does not drop too low. Verify the CYA level a week after it dissolves and them bump it up to 70-80ppm for the SWG.

I assume you meant 80 pounds of salt ... wait a day after adding salt before you turn on the SWG.

I would not worry too much about the CH this season and then for the winter replace water and hopefully get it a bit lower for next year. If you want to lower it now, obviously do it before you add any more salt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.