Leak. Temp fix?

Apr 3, 2015
Visalia CA
I have a leak right where pvc meets pump front and right where pvc meets pump top heading to filter. Is there something I can use to seal that? I don't have the time to cut and fix these at the moment. Is there a glue that's recommended or anything?

This sort of thing often happens on pumps with female pipe thread connections like the Whisperflow, if the pump runs dry and over heats, the threaded PVC pipe fitting will actually shrink from the heat. If you were to unscrew it you will likely find the pipe fitting is much more tapered than it should be.

Ike

p.s. for a temporary fix you might try wrapping it with something like fiber fix take, but I doubt it will work

You should definitely not use any glue as then it prevents you from even fixing it properly. Cut the pipes, thread in a new fitting and add a union.

Or buy the Pentair union fittings that go directly onto the pump ... I think they work for the Whisperflo.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.