Hayward H100 problems

BSDCT1

May 27, 2015
Binbrook/Ontario
First off let me say hello to everyone. I purchased a H100 above ground pool heater, second hand. It is in excellent condition physically, but i can't get it to light. I have it attached to a 3/4 natural gas line. When i turn it on, i hear the fan kick in and a little bit after the gas comes on with the attempted ignition but i have no spark. I have taken the igniter out and verified there isn't any spark. The igniter and lead are new, since i figured that was the problem. Any thought would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

So you replaced the igniter? I would get a volt meter and confirm that you have the required voltage going to the igniter.

Here is a link to the manual if you don't have it. https://www.parts4heating.com/v/vspfiles/images/pdfs/HSeriesAboveGround.pdf

Hi, thanks for the pdf. I removed the igniter again and moved the probes closer, and i did get a spark. I removed the nozzles and verified they were clean. When i put the igniter back into the combustion chamber it wont light. Could i have to much gas? I asked the person who installed the unit for me and he isn't quite sure either. He's going to look at it again for me, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Highly unlikely that you have too much gas. Check for required voltage where the igniter plugs in.

I removed the window that you can see the flame through, and stuck a bbq lighter in there and tried lighting it that way ( this was suggested by the person who installed the gas line for me) and i still couldn't get it to light. I removed the combustion chambers, they look brand new, no webs, no spiders in the nozzles. When i remove the igniter and let it hang and test fired it, but the audible sound would change when i moved the wire. Could this mean i have a bad module, or loose connections somewhere. i checked all if the terminals and they all seem to be tight. I don't have access to a multimeter, i guess i should go buy one. I'm not actually sure which connections I should check. Any ideas

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.