Brushed concrete prices/recommended crew in Dallas area?

JamieP

Platinum Supporter
May 16, 2011
TX (~30 miles south of Dallas)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
So far I've been quoted $6.75/sq ft (or $6.50 if I get enough decking) for brushed concrete. I want cantilevered decking and even if I provide the forms, they might charge me extra per linear foot of coping. This is per the pool builder we found who will put in our vinyl pool kit and who hires out the concrete, so I don't know for sure about the cantilever up charge.

Is this a reasonable amount to spend in the Dallas area? It seems a little high to me. I'd like to have some other options for concrete guys so I can price compare. Does anyone in the Dallas area have someone they can recommend? Do the concrete guys need to be familiar with vinyl pool installs to do a good job?

Right now it looks as if we might have close to 1000 sq ft of decking, unless we cut it back for budget reasons.

Thanks for your help!

I'm in CA, but to give you an idea, my coping was 124 linear ft. Paid 2980 for brushed with color. I thought it was high but their price for my retaining wall was about 8k cheaper than any other contractor so I hired them.

Bid price for the brushed concrete was 4.00 per ft for grey, 5.00 for colored.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.