New filter media for sand filter!!?

Victor

Aug 4, 2012
Girard, OH
Hello all I'm on my 3rd yr. of my sand filter and I heard my sand should be replace after about 3 yrs. I started doing research on alternatives and I came across a product called "activate"
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432759031.356328.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1432759049.662584.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1432759057.381633.jpg
here is the brochure. Has anyone heard of it? It sounds great but not sure if it's all hype or not..
Thanks in advance guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sand needing to be replaced every 3 years is a myth. Think of it this way: The sand has been around for millions of years already. Do you think 3 years in a pool filter really is going to change the sand much at all? Not likely.

If anything, sand can periodically need a deep cleaning but replacement is not necessary. See the procedure for deep cleaning a sand filter here: Deep Cleaning a Sand Filter

There are many sand alternatives out there. If they work as well as sand depends on the make/model of your sand filter to some extent. Some alternatives can actually cause problems. Some users on this forum have posted problems with the product Zeolite specifically.

Scare tactics on the chlorine in water is another red flag in the literature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.