Educated Guess? Am I starting to get it?

Newpoolcrazy

LifeTime Supporter
May 15, 2015
La Porte, TX
In Texas with the deluge of rain and inaccurate forecasts, we've been fighting with keeping the pool at least close to balanced so as not to wind up in deeper trouble once this weather pattern has ended. So far so good. The pool is still clear.

Friends of hubs who have had above ground pools said just leave it alone until the rain ends, but some of them have had major pool fails so that's not right is it?

Got the TK2006 kit and CYA was 43, FC 2.5 CC .4 (why?) Ph 7.2, TA was 90 Before the last storm.

Got enough rain the pool not only overflowed, we had to drain more out for the next rain so it wouldn't slop up the back yard anymore from overflow.

I haven't tested yet today as my yard is a mud pit, but I'm guessing that my CYA will be much lower, as will my FC/CC. My TA could be higher now (acid rain) as the rain has made my Ph higher.

My simple question is: Am I understanding at least this part yet?

Will test ASAP, but wondered if I'm getting to "know my pool". (love that mantra)

No way to "know" that pool yet with this kinda weather in progress! Stay on top as best you can and lessen your load later. Keep your FC a notch or two above your normal.

Leave the CYA for now. You need to raise the FC up and keep it above 3ppm at all times. See the FC/CYA Chart.

Also use 10ml of water for the FAS-DPD chlorine test so that each drop is 0.5ppm ... saves your reagent and is plenty precise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.