And it begins!

rbinn

Bronze Supporter
May 10, 2015
Nanaimo BC
Hello all,

I am just in the process of setting up my 9 X 18 Hydro Force pool. I wanted the 9 x 18 Intex but was unable to track one down. For four years we had a 12 x 20 in this same spot but we never prepped it properly and I had a 3 in difference from side to side . We never filled it over 3/4 full to compensate..(strange logic I know ). Anyway this time I am doing it right. I have dug down the high side on the left where required (drain rock is for French drain) and have pretty much got it within an inch to an inch and a half side to side and end to end. I leveled a space 12 foot by 20 to make sure it had plenty of room. The sand has arrived and I will be moving it tonight to hopefully get the last last bit of leveling and softness for the liner.

I pre purchase a 3/4 HP Aqua something or another pump and sand filter to ensure head to the roof for the solar. I built my own with round tubes and it seems to work. I have the tree guys coming tomorrow to remove two big cedars and a fir that has needed to be removed for awhile. The prep on this to do it right is a lot of work and a lot of time. I know it will be worth it in the end!

Anyway here is pic #1 before the sand...
View attachment 37074

Good luck! Every pool needs a solid, level foundation, not only for safety but it looks a whole lot nicer n lets people know you took yo it time and did it right.

Here is the follow up pictures for those that are interested. Its been a lot of work but well worth it.

Sand is whetted tamped then raked out:

View attachment 37295

Opening the pool for setup on top off 2 layers of tarps:

View attachment 37296

A bit of plumbing. I didn't bother with the pump that came with the pool, I installed a 3/4 Aqua Pro system. The in-flow/out-flow out came out at 2 inch and I reduced to 1.5 inch. I added flex hose for the last 3 feet from from end of PVC so there was room in the winter for when I lowered the water.

Here's the big question, I tee'd off my 1.5 inch return to send to my roof. I have about 500 feet of 1/2 inch thin wall piping.( I know it's not the best but heh its there already). Anyway, I can't seem to push the water up 10 feet to the roof? I have a 1/4 horse sump that never had a problem could I be vapour locked?

View attachment 37298

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.