Greetings from Clearwater Florida

May 27, 2015
Clearwater/FL
Hello all.

Surfing the net for ideas on better pool practice and found myself ashore here. Not new to pools but far from a pro either. Always looking for that fine line to reduce running cost and increase longevity of everything.

Next project is to figure out how to deal with the fixed drain line from the DE filter. Then of to finish all the automation...

Where did you find that rustic corrugated metal? I am looking to do something very similar.
Those almost appear like there was a treatment done to them to have uniform rust.

Actually, they are asphalt roof panels with high temp and wind ratings (hurricanes are great for wind surfing not so great for roofs). There is a little bit of insulation under for the heater and to aid in heat dissipation. They use them in industrial and restaurant settings- thought they would do well there.

That looks like them. Not sure what make or model. Got them from co-worker; we work for a chemical company and these were slated as trash. They are heat and wind rated so good enough for me; bonus was matching my roof.

Shed is a work in progress- still placing the pebbles, decking, camera system and lighting out there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support