10' Intex Pool on Standard Driveway

leongs

May 27, 2015
michigan
I just purchased a 10' Intex pool and plans to install on my driveway due to the size (lack of) of my backyard. The pool will weigh around 8000+ pounds.

Will it cause issues to my driveway (i.e. sinking, cracking, etc.)? The driveway is a year old and I don't intend to see it damaged...

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

That 8000 pounds is spread out over a lot of square inches. Think of your car and how few square inches it's 2000 pounds is restricted to. I think hte driveway will be fine, but I wonder about the level of the pool? Mst driveways are off level to account for rain water runoff.

Is the driveway blacktop or concrete?

I have seen many small blue Intex pools set up on concrete parking pads beside the house. There is a neighborhood of small homes in our town and most do not have garages. It seems quite common there for the drive to be used for a pop up pool. I, too, would suspect they slope (as a driveway should), but they don't seem to be cracking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.