Dolphin M% supreme

I have a Dolphin M4 Supreme. It sounds like you're having trouble with your Dolphin staying in the deep end? Mine is too. I've Googled the manual and even watched videos and there's nothing about this. Even the pool guy that open and closed my pool said that you just put it in and the Dolphin has it's own diagnostics and knows what to do. Mine will not stay too long in the shallow end and it will not climb up steps (it will climb up walls though). I'm curious as to reading if anyone else has this problem or has found a solution?

Mine works great and covers the pool, including a steep slope from the diving well.
I think I lucked into the right position. On mine the float/control is all the way out on each side and the handle tilts slightly clockwise.

So when "horizontal" it would be "quarter to three" on a clock and instead mine is more like "ten to four" ish.

Give that a try and see it it helps.

trying to find out to set the arms that come out from the handle...and also the position the handle should be set to...ive been told moving these to the proper position is what guides the robot...but no one seems to know what the proper positions are

Ok, those are floats. They slow him down if they are out. That helps cleaning. The angle will change how he does on the waterline, but that's all I know on the angle. It won't determine where he goes on the floor that I have been able to tell. I too have been frustrated with the lack of instruction on this. Severely lacking indeed. Everything I've learned has been through experimentation.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have configured my Dolphin M4 according to Swampwoman. The only difference is that I do not have the "Pro" so I cannot adjust the floats. I put the arms where she suggested. I have noticed that it is spending more time in the shallow end. It still climbs up walls without issue, but the dang thing is just too lazy to go up steps. So what I usually do is align it on my bottom step before it starts so that it can clean that step. I even emailed 2 of Maytronic's email addresses asking for help and ideas---no response. I've watched no less than 6 Youtube videos too.

Yes, the "instructions" included with the Dolphin are pretty scant and shed no light on the float settings. The higher the angle, the faster the machine will move when cleaning the water line. It's not clear what moving the floats in and out does, if anything. As for staying in the deep end, I have found that the machine works far better in warmer water. In very cold water the Dolphin will not climb the walls and has trouble getting out of the deep end. As the water warms up the rollers soften and get more sticky. This may not be an issue for you in Kentucky but, when I open my pool in late April, the water is very cold, only in the mid to high 40s.

Thanks so much for all the info...would be lost if I didn't find this forum...very frustrating that Maytronics does not offer help on this issue...after using this cleaner for one season, I don't think I would recommend it to other buyers, mostly because of the poor customer support.

The floats out slow him down while he's travelling around the pool.

Not so's you'd notice.:cool: Seriously, the only effect I see of extending the floats is to interfere with the cleaner hugging the wall as it travels along the floor because the extended floats drag on the wall and cause the cleaner to turn in. This may or may not be what you want. I've noticed as well that reversing the float angle every few cycles reduces cord tangling but this is a minor issue with this cleaner anyway.

By the way, I love the Dolphin M4. It is by far the best one I've owned and it does a bang up job, lousy instructions notwithstanding.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.