To buy a mini fridge with OR without a freezer?! (Help!)

May 11, 2015
Roanoke
I'm finishing up my bar and am hoping to pick up my new min-fridge this weekend. The question becomes, do I get one with a freezer or do I not? Me and the "bros" tend to drink a lot of beer, and the boss likes to make her fruity drinks that require ice. Does anyone have opinions as to whether or not it's worth the freezer to keep ice in over the course of the week for weekend usage? We really don't like going into the house to get ice, beer, anything because we're soaked. Any and all opinions welcome.

Perfect! That's what I was looking for... I did have some additional questions if someone else or you have feedback: Some additional questions:
- Do you think it would actually keep ice?
- Is the limited storage size worth it?
- Would a cooler be easier more cost effective?
- What else would I use the ice for?

I guess in the end I could make them pick up the ice every weekend they come over, if they want to use my pool and electricity. lol

Consider a countertop icemaker, I have one like this one Best Countertop Ice Maker – Countering Ice Shortage | GadgetHer bought it about 5 years ago at a local hardware strore for $100 It is handy when guests are over, etc. of course you have to fill the water by hand, but that is no big deal, the ice continuously melts drains and gets pumped back to refreeze, so you don't get dried out stuck together ice.

I have a Frigidaire mini that has a real freezer section with a separate door. It will easily fit 10 ice trays. I keep it set on the coldest setting and liquid freezes in the fridge part at the back of the shelf. The freezer section works great.

On a mini fridge, I would forego the freezer. We have found that you will want as much room as you can get for refrigerated items. For entertaining, a cooler should work well for keeping ice frozen for days. If you have the room, you can consider a small chest freezer. They are fairly inexpensive and cheap to run. This is the route we went.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.