Filter only building pressure when the water feature is on?

Rootyb

Feb 24, 2015
Davis, CA
So... pool remodel, new pump (Jandy VS-FHP1.0), new plumbing, new water feature (Paramount Parascope).

Finally got the pump up and running yesterday, and it looks like the pressure gauge on the filter only goes up (to about 10ish) when I turn the valve to activate the water feature. Otherwise, it sits at zero (though, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I was able to bleed air out of the filter and have water come out when the water feature was off).

Already emailed my PB, but... Did they just screw up the plumbing? Is this normal? Unfortunately, I didn't think to take a picture of the plumbing setup, and now I'm at work. IIRC, the center pipe of the valve (Jandy No-Lube) goes to the filter inlet, but I don't really recall the rest.

Yes it would. The water feature probably has higher head loss and if it goes above water level it would also have static lift both which increase filter pressure. So what you are seeing is not unreasonable. But I am surprised the water feature even works well at that low RPM. They usually require higher flow rates.

Cool, thanks! And yeah, the water feature works with surprisingly low RPM. Though, they made it too tall, so it sticks about 2-3" out of the water (rather than just below the surface, to do the cool turbulent bubbling thing) and shoots water about 10-12' in the air. Which is fun, but not quite what we were going for, lol.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.