few questions

May 7, 2015
Sagamore Hills, OH
I have been in pool school for a few weeks now and have a few questions.

I have a chlorinated hard piped into my de filter and pump. I currently use 3" tablets in it, I know they suck, but in the future when I swap to the holy grail of bleach and a tf100 what do I do with my chlorinator ? Just put it on 100% flow and leave it empty?

Pour bleach in over return jet?

Dilute bleach?

Is it normal in the first few days of running filter to backwash and recharge once or more a day?

How often should I breakdown filter and do a thorough cleaning ?

Yes pour bleach in front of return jet with pump on.

No need to dilute just pour slowly

Sound like you have a DE filter. I don't know much about them. Please update your signature in settings with your pool and equipment info.

Ha, the one filter that I know nothing about! :) But, I do have a link to a handy pool school article on cleaning it.
Pool School - Maintenance and Cleaning of Pool Filters

As to you filter clogging frequently, that is often an early sign of an algae bloom in the pool and the filter is clogging with dead algae. Then the pool gets cloudy, then green, then swamp. Have you noticed higher than normal chlorine consumption?

Performing an Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT) can help to determine if you have organic material using up chlorine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.