Adding Indoor Control Panel to Pentair System with MobileTouch

Feb 21, 2015
Northville/MI
I have a Pentair IntelliTouch system (i9+3S) and a MobileTouch control working well.
I would like to add an Indoor Control Panel to the system for operating flexibility.

Is this just as simple as connecting the indoor panel to the outdoor panel, or do I have to program it to interface?

Also, is there any concern for the level of firmware on the MobileTouch vs. the Indoor Control Panel vs. the outdoor panel?

Thanks for your help.

Not so fast Jason...
IF your Mobi has a black antenna coming out of the top of it, it is an older version, and may require a firmware upgrade, along with the outdoor board (not the end of the world) to allow it to talk to the new indoor control panel.

But if no antenna, listen to Jason.
Other than that, your biggest challenge will be hiding the wire for the ICP.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the info.
My biggest issue right now is that I don't have any type of control wire running from the house to the pool equipment.
In the future, I'd like to tie the pool into my home automation system (Control4), so I'll need the 4-conductor wire.
Since I'm going to have to run some conduit out to the pool equipment, is there anything else I should run (CAT6, etc.)?
Just trying to future-proof a little.

Around ten years ago here in Silicon valley, when home automation started getting popular, that's the way everyone wanted to go. Tie all the other automatons into the main one. Since then it has kind of gone in the other direction. Between the difficulty of getting each manufacturer get their hardware to talk to one another (with the software), and the installers wanting about 1000.00 per visit to make it happen, people started migrating to the internet, and keeping their systems separate. It seems to be working, for now, that way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.