Cloudy Pool in Sunny Henderson - any help?

If you want to replace water to lower the CYA first, that is fine. But a CYA of 70ppm is not horrendously high and certainly manageable.

You are going to need to add a LOT more than 96oz ... you can add it all at once using the methods described in Recommended Pool Chemicals. And yes, wait at least 30 minutes to test after adding any chemicals.

The pool is pretty clear! I think I ended up adding about five gallons of water, but it's looking good. I see on the SLAM advice it says you're done when:

CC is 0.5 or lower;
You pass an OCLT (ie overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less);
And the water is clear.
When do I do the CC test and the others? I can do the overnight tonight, but should I still keep to that slam level of 26 ppm?

It is very close to crystal clear. I'd say 9 out of 10. I can see every little speck of dirt at the bottom now (and there's really not even that much). Before I couldn't see the bottom at all!

I can keep in slam mode until I feel I'm at 10 on clarity. Then I should do all of the tests in the kit again and then do an overnight chlorine loss? Or, should I do the chlorine loss test when I'm closer to my ideal PPM?

Thanks so much!

I did the OCLT test. I started with 12 ppm and this morning it stayed at 12 ppm. The CC was .5. I feel like I passed a science test!

Now, do I not do any of the other tests until my chlorine levels are closer to 5 ppm? And I believe there's some specific numbers one should aim for, based on the size of their pool. I don't remember where I read that though. If anyone can point me in the direction of the numbers I should aim for, I'd appreciate it.

And thanks for all of the advice jblizzle!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.