Skimmer location

It is pointing toward the center of the pool. however the skimmer being so close to the discharge flow doesnt allow the skimmer to suck in all recently unfiltered water. Some of return is going right back in. I just think it would work better if the skimmer was farther away.

That's where I ended up buying mine. Lol

Amazon probably has one.

When we purchased our pool it didn't have the best equipment/skimmer etc.... We end up replacing the skimmer, return, and a couple other things the 1st year we had it. Right now I actually have the Pentair Aqua illuminator for my return. Husband wanted a light so he could swim at night. He didn't like the idea of swimming in the dark when something could have crawled in the pool. Lol

The water comes out of the far side away from the skimmer. We replaced my moms 2 years ago with just a plain eye return so she could move it around.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I dunno, in my pool, with the way all the returns work together, it's more important to get all the surface water moving toward the skimmer. This means that the return closest to the skimmer (not counting the venture return) is actually kinda aiming toward the skimmer. If I turned it the other way, it would be shooting against all the water that was heading towards the skimmer as a result of all the other returns. I don't want a total dead zone right in front of the skimmer. Better to have some clean water go back in and take the other water with it.

I'm guessing you have an AG pool. My skimmer is literally like 12" away from my return. Most of the returns you can rotate the eye in the middle to point away from the skimmer. And if your water isnt shooting out hard enough to go away from your skimmer, there is something wrong. When my pump is on high, i can feel the return pushing water halfway across the pool. Post a pic of your return. It might be as simple as loosening the ring around the eye. And it helps to turn it when the pump is off too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.